|Project:||CocoWalk Lifestyle Center|
|Location:||Coconut Grove, FL|
|Scope of Work:||
CocoWalk is an upscale lifestyle center located in the Coconut Grove neighborhood of Miami, Florida. This large complex has 30+ stores and services, including shops, restaurants and a movie theater.
This facility has a cooling tower system and plate and frame heat exchangers providing water for a heat pump system. The equipment provides air conditioning for all tenants. Like many cooling towers, CocoWalk was plagued with ongoing problems from:
- Hard water scaling in there piping system and heat pumps
- High bacteria counts
- Hard water scaling in the cooling tower fill
2 Cell Cooling Tower at CocoWalk
EasyWater’s CTF System is a unique, three-part solution
In the Fall of 2020, EasyWater received a purchase order for (2) CTF-360-S skid mounted treatment systems, a unique, three-part solution for cooling tower treatment and filtration:
- EasyWater SedimentShield—a sub-micron, backwashing filter for the removal of sediment and bacteria
- Ultraviolet chamber for bacterial sanitization
- EasyWater No-Salt Conditioners to prevent and remove hard water scale deposits, biofilm, and bacteria. Our No-Salt Conditioners have the added
benefit of preventing the hot UV lamps from scaling.
EasyWater CTF System: Model CTF-100 Installation at CocoWalk
- Proprietary filtration media that continuously removes dissolved oxygen
- Sub-micron, self-backwashing filter for the removal of sediment, debris,
- EasyWater No-Salt Conditioners to prevent and remove hard water scale
deposits, biofilm, and bacteria.
EasyWater Series C System: Model CLC-1000 Installation at CocoWalk
RESULTS: COOLING TOWER WITH CTF SYSTEM
Our CTF Treatment System has continuously maintained low bacteria count, clear water, and no scale. A small amount of oxidizing biocide is used and properly maintained as a precautionary measure for Legionella.
CocoWalk is now seeing an impressive 80+% reduction in chemical use. There has also been significant savings in energy consumption through eliminating limescale build-up. In addition to these savings, CocoWalk no longer has to deal with the hazard of having multiple types of chemicals on site to treat their cooling towers.
RESULTS: Closed Loop with Series C System
Based on the chart above, the Series C System at CocoWalk provided results that were well below the 0.1 limit for having an EXCELLENT corrosion rate!
This test confirms that Series C provides superior corrosion control without using chemicals.
Are you looking for cooling tower or closed loop water treatment for your facility?
We manufacture and offer a complete line up of industrial water treatment solutions. Please give us a call at 1-888-766-7258, or use the form below to reach out to us, so one of our experts can help you with your project.